Sunday, January 27, 2008

Feeling Bad and Looking Cool

This weekend started out not so great. Had to work late on Friday (my comment to a friend on email was "i am getting crushed, but I don't know why because the market sucks").

In any event, I had a long run scheduled for this weekend and woke up to 35 degrees to accompany me during my run. So I got suited up and started to run and after about 15 minutes, I realized that I felt like Krap (yes with a capital K). Running by the state capitol did not help my mental or physical well being:






Note: Virginia State Capitol. Designed by Thomas Jefferson. Me running by in pain wasn't likely on his mind when finalizing the design.

After a painful couple of hours (and quick tour of Rocketts Landing) I finally returned home. Well, after a long shower in hopes of making me feel better (no luck), I finally broke down and went to 3sports and got measured for a new bike. Yep, I stepped up and bought a Cervelo P2C. Not quite the same bike which won Kona this past year, but same exact frame. I figure at least I'll look good when people fly by me on the bike legs in Triathlons. Here is a photo of the new toy. Yes, I think it is worth more than my car (note: my car is like 10 years old, but still...)!

Note: I asked that Cervelo customize the bike with DC United colors and logo and this was the best they could do!


In any event, the bike should be here in about two - three weeks...I hope.


2 comments:

MDH said...

From your run description, sounds like you are sick, maybe a cold or something like that.

Cool bike.

MAH said...

at any consolation.. you are much faster then me.