Sunday, February 24, 2008

After two hours...i figured out i am getting lazy.

Work this week was slow - early flight on Monday to Boston and then the rest of the week was pretty light...which was nice as I was able to get a get all my workouts done. Saturday was scheduled for a 16 mile run. However, since I missed a few workouts the previous week, I was aimed for a few extra miles on the run. I ended up with almost 18 miles. Not really that bad. I did learn that my fuel belt does not carry enough water / Gatorade for 18 miles and that eating chex mix is hard while running.

After about the 2 hours and 30 minute mark, I started to think "why the heck I am doing this? It is cold, my feet are wet, i am hungry and thirsty." Having no good answer, I continued on and finished, got home has some pita pizza and took my traditional post workout nap. When I awoke I thought- I must finally be getting old, or just lazy as I remembered my workouts from when I was young. During the high school swimming season I trained 27 hours a week. During college i trained about 20 hours a week. Now I am lucky to get 8!!! Appears that I need to work on my mental strength if I worry about finishing after only 2.5 hours!

No comments: